CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

Literature Circles

Happy SNOW DAY!
Well, the snow is Buffalo has finally arrived... all at once!!! Since my graduate weekend classes were cancelled :) I have begun thinking about my little third graders. I want to spend more time focused on building comprehension within their reading. During the week, they are showing a deep understanding of the weekly skills and lessons but on the test, the skill does not transfer!! 

So, I think it is time to introduce LITERATURE CIRCLES!? Right!? So, I am looking for some good resources on roles for third graders, management techniques, and much much more! Here are some goodies I have found so far!

From ABC TEACH:

Superteacherworksheets has a few free examples:

I like how Mrs. Cowan's site and free resources!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ms. Winston's website with literature circle cards ready to print and use!!

Is anyone using literature circles? How is it going?

1 comments:

Megan

Thanks for sharing these resources. We're finally into a routine and I can trust the kids with a little more freedom. I think we're headed to lit circles soon!

Megan
Blackboard and Beyond

Post a Comment